mgm technology partners is looking for a professional problem solver to join its growing team in Alexandria, Virginia, just outside of Washington, D.C.
You’re a puzzle person, especially when it comes to software. You enjoy finding creative solutions to unique problems, and you’re not afraid to wade into an errant database or use UML processes to find a technical solution to a wayward business problem. You’re smart—and you speak both the language of business and the language of technical requirements—and you enjoy giving a good presentation—the thought of running a client-facing PowerPoint or workshop excites you.
Your impact as a technical business analyst
mgm technology partners is new to D.C.—and America! Our Germany-based software development company just opened its office in Alexandria, Virginia, and we’re growing a local team to better serve our U.S.-based clients.
The technical business analyst will serve as a translator between business objectives and technical requirements. They will identify opportunities for process improvement, spearhead one of our clients’ projects that will require intricate product information analysis, and safeguard business expectations upon final product delivery. They will work with stakeholders to elucidate real versus stated requirements, and uncover hidden dependencies and project costs.
The business analyst will document business requirements, clarify product attributes, and serve as a liaison between mgm technology partners and their existing customers.
- Work with mgm technology partners’ growing team to nurture their fun and supportive office environment.
- Use interviews, workshops, document analyses, surveys, business process descriptions, and other methods to form and analyze project requirements.
- Critically evaluate both technical and non-technical business processes to resolve conflicts.
- Lead change management procedures when necessary.
- Conduct effort estimates with software architects, roadmap and priority management, and project scoping.
Skills and experience
- High levels of integrity, composure, and respect for others.
- 5+ years’ experience working as a business analyst, technical consultant, or related field.
- Exceptional focus on detail and strategic thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with relational databases, Java, and SQL.
Bonus points if…
- You have domain knowledge in ecommerce, retail, or industrial insurance.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance, including vision and dental.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Generous vacation time.
- Adoption assistance.
- Tax-deferred commuter benefits.
- Ongoing education and training programs.
- Relaxed office environment and dress code.
mgm technology partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.