mgm technology partners is looking for someone to help us build world-class enterprise applications as a part of its growing team in Alexandria, Virginia, just outside of Washington, D.C.
You believe that outstanding team communication, technical expertise, and customer focus are the three essential ingredients to any strong development process. You enjoy the creation process, from build to test to release. You love working with exceptionally competent colleagues. “Easy” and “mundane” are synonyms to you. You seek out information on the latest software development trends and have opinions on all of them.
Your impact as a junior software developer
mgm technology partners is new to D.C.—and America! Our Germany-based software development company just opened its office in Alexandria, Virginia, and we’re growing a local team to better serve our U.S.-based clients.
The junior software developer will join mgm’s international team of developers, though they’ll spend most of their time working with local colleagues. They will define software requirements, write beautiful code, and own end-to-end features. As an essential part of mgm technology partners’ product team, the junior software developer will evangelize product excellence for enterprise-grade application development.
- Work with mgm technology partners’ growing team to nurture their fun and supportive office environment.
- Develop enterprise-grade applications using Java/JEE and SQL.
- Create design documentation, program and test applications, and iterate through the project life cycle.
- Keep the database structured and clean with modern data management tools.
Skills and experience
- High levels of integrity, composure, and respect for others.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar discipline.
- Prior work or internship experience.
- Experience programming with Java/JEE and a thorough understanding of software development and testing life cycles.
- Willingness and passion to learn about new technologies, architectures, and solutions.
Bonus points if…
- You’ve worked with tools like Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, and Git.
- You’ve worked with Spring, MVC, Hibernate, and/or Wicket.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance, including vision and dental.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Generous vacation time.
- Adoption assistance.
- Tax-deferred commuter benefits.
- Ongoing education and training programs.
- Relaxed office environment and dress code.
mgm technology partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.