Junior Quality Engineer (Java) (m/f/d) - Washington D.C.
Michi / Java Developer / At mgm since 2001
Your impact as a junior quality engineer
- Work with mgm technology partners’ growing team to nurture their fun and supportive office environment.
- Thoroughly analyze product requirements, use cases, and technical design to create functional test cases for Java-based web systems.
- Design test reporting, cases, scenarios, and metrics appropriate to project needs; execute manual tests to enforce quality standards.
- Prioritize and report on test designs, test plans, and test results.
- Effectuate high-quality test data preparation (either for data imports or manual data entering).
- Thoroughly document and track all issues using Atlassian Jira and TestRail.
- Collaborate with developers and analysts for issue resolution.
Skills and experience
- High levels of integrity, composure, and respect for others.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar discipline.
- Prior work or internship experience.
- Experience working with web applications running Java and a thorough understanding of software development and testing life cycles.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, especially when related to conveying software issues and solutions.
- Working knowledge of common Linux commands and scripting.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and the ability to write SQL statements.
- Willingness and passion to learn about new technologies, architectures, and solutions.
- An analytical mind with planning, prioritization, and time management skills.
Bonus points if…
- You’ve worked with tools like Atlassian Jira, Confluence, and TestRail.
- You’ve used TestNG, JUnit, RestAssured, or other Java test frameworks.
- You’ve worked with Selenium web driver and Selenium Grid.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance, including vision and dental.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Generous vacation time.
- Adoption assistance.
- Tax-deferred commuter benefits.
- Ongoing education and training programs.
- Relaxed office environment and dress code.