mgm technology partners is looking for The Guardian of the Office to join its growing team in Alexandria, Virginia, just outside of Washington, D.C.
You’re a natural at making a great first impression, and your closest friends would describe you as social, bright, and ambitious. You have a knack for coordinating people and things, and you’re attracted to the serenity of a well-organized space. You enjoy creating and maintaining processes that bring reliability and accountability to office life. You were born to be Keeper of the Snack Spreadsheet.
Your impact as office manager
mgm technology partners is new to D.C.—and America! Our Germany-based software development company just opened its office in Alexandria, Virginia, and we’re growing a local team to better serve our U.S.-based clients.
The office manager will serve as a linchpin for our small but mighty office, acting as the go-to person for logistical needs, which will include overseeing office inventory, vendor management, and document administration. They will also administrate finances, direct facilities management, and help plan company events.
The office manager will be the first point of contact for our office guests. They will actively contribute to our inclusive community and excellence-oriented culture with their energy, positivity, and can-do attitude.
- Work with mgm technology partners’ growing team to nurture their fun and supportive office environment.
- Manage office travel and accommodations.
- Scan, organize, and file important office documents.
- Coordinate office logistics, including making purchases, managing vendors, and sustaining office supplies and inventory.
- Oversee office relations with building and facility management.
- Greet and direct prospects, clients, and new employees.
- Research and plan group activities and events.
Skills and experience
- High levels of integrity, composure, and respect for others.
- 2+ years of experience in office management, administration, or a related field.
- Exceptional clerical and logistical skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and remain self-directed.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, and other Microsoft products.
Bonus points if…
- You have a four-year college degree.
- You speak a foreign language.
- You’ve worked in customer service and/or hospitality.
- You’re interested in software and technology.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance, including vision and dental.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Generous vacation time.
- Adoption assistance.
- Tax-deferred commuter benefits.
- Ongoing education and training programs.
- Relaxed office environment and dress code.
mgm technology partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.