Quality Engineer (Java) (m/f/d) - Washington D.C.
Michi / Java Developer / At mgm since 2001
Your impact as a quality engineer
- Work with mgm technology partners’ growing team to nurture their fun and supportive office environment.
- Thoroughly analyze product requirements, use cases, and technical design to construct detailed test cases in Atlassian Jira focused on functional and regression requirements for Java-based web systems.
- Spearhead performance and load testing approaches to long-term, scalable application projects.
- Perform root-cause analysis, along with constructing staging scenarios for verification and building automated testing procedures, for complex technical systems.
- Design test reporting, cases, scenarios, and metrics appropriate to project need; execute manual tests to enforce quality standards and identify retest requirements.
- Effectuate high-quality test data preparation (either for data imports or manual data entering).
- Thoroughly document and track all issues using Atlassian Jira and TestRail.
- Collaborate with developers and analysts for issue resolution.
- Work with the international quality engineering team to train newer quality engineers.
Skills and experience
- High levels of integrity, composure, and respect for others.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar discipline.
- 2+ years of prior quality engineering/QA experience with manual testing.
- 1+ years of prior experience working with web applications running Java and a thorough understanding of software development and testing life cycles.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, especially when related to conveying software issues and solutions.
- Selenium web driver, Selenium Grid, and testing frameworks.
- Working knowledge of common Linux commands and scripting.
- Working knowledge of relational databases and the ability to write SQL statements.
- Willingness and passion to learn about new technologies, architectures and solutions.
- An analytical mind with planning, prioritization, and time management skills.
Bonus points if…
- You have project management certification(s) and/or ISTQB® Certifications.
- You’ve worked with tools like Atlassian Jira, Confluence, and TestRail.
- You’ve used TestNG, JUnit, RestAssured, or other Java test frameworks.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance, including vision and dental.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Generous vacation time.
- Adoption assistance.
- Tax-deferred commuter benefits.
- Ongoing education and training programs.
- Relaxed office environment and dress code.