mgm technology partners is looking for someone to help us build world-class applications as a part of its growing team in Alexandria, Virginia, just outside of Washington, D.C.
You love technology—it wouldn’t be uncommon to find you reading Wired
, posting in r/programming, or contributing to Coderanch or Stack Exchange—and you love that your career has revolved around developing new products with a high standard of excellence. You enjoy spending time with other developers, and would prefer a role where you can offer mentorship to those newer to Java. You believe that outstanding team communication, technical expertise, and customer focus are the three essential ingredients to any strong development process. You enjoy the creation process, from build to test to release. You are looking for your next big career move, one with challenging projects, space for experimentation and personal responsibility, and an opportunity for leadership without the responsibilities of formal management.
Your impact as a senior software developer
mgm technology partners is new to D.C.—and America! Our Germany-based software development company just opened its office in Alexandria, Virginia, and we’re growing a local team to better serve our U.S.-based clients.
The senior software developer will join mgm’s international team of developers, and will largely work with colleagues in France, Germany, and locally. They will help develop mission-critical products, and in the process will define software requirements, write beautiful code, and own end-to-end features on large, multi-year projects. The senior software developer will implement creative solutions to complex problems, which may include introducing new systems to our technology stacks, restructuring a database, or simply taking an active role in code reviews.
As an essential part of mgm technology partners’ product team, the senior software developer will evangelize product excellence for enterprise-grade application development. They will be expected to mentor and learn from our team of world-class developers.
- Work with mgm technology partners’ growing team to nurture their fun and supportive office environment.
- Write scalable, secure, maintainable code that powers our clients’ platforms.
- Develop enterprise-grade applications using Java/JEE, SQL, and .NET.
- Build highly scalable web tools to support data analysis and visualization.
- Create design documentation, program and test applications, and iterate through the project life cycle.
- Keep the database structured and clean with modern data management tools.
- Provide technical leadership in the form of mentorship to newer developers.
Skills and experience
- High levels of integrity, composure, and respect for others.
- 5+ years of prior Java web development experience.
- 2+ years of prior experience working with web applications running Java and a thorough understanding of software development and testing life cycles.
- Proven technology and implementation know-how with multi-tier web applications
- Experience programming with Java/JEE and relational databases.
- Good architecture design and distributed systems skills.
- Willingness and passion to learn about new technologies, architectures, and solutions.
Bonus points if…
- You’ve worked with tools like Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, and Git.
- You’ve worked with Spring, MVC, Hibernate, and/or Wicket.
- You’ve worked with SAP Hybris before.
- You’ve spent time working with ecommerce and/or industrial insurance.
- You’ve worked on the backend of low or no-code systems.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive salary.
- Health insurance, including vision and dental.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Generous vacation time.
- Adoption assistance.
- Tax-deferred commuter benefits.
- Ongoing education and training programs.
- Relaxed office environment and dress code.
mgm technology partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.